Vacancy in Zimbabwe for Oxfam. El Nino Emergency Water Sanitation and Health (WaSH) Coordinator (Southern Africa Region) (INT2369)
Posted by Tendai Mugani on April 26, 2016 3:45 PM SAST
We are looking for a Water Sanitation and Health (WaSH)Coordinator to respond to El Nino impact in Southern Africa. This job is based in Harare and is only open to individuals with right to reside and work in Zimbabwe. Oxfam is one of the world’s leading providers of humanitarian aid in emergencies, operating since the 1940s. We have a global reputation for speed, scale and efficiency and have well-recognised technical expertise in several fields, including Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods, clean water, sanitation, public health and the protection of civilians. Oxfam responds directly wherever there is a widespread threat to life, health and livelihoods, with which it is beyond people’s capacity to cope, and where it can make a positive difference.
This job is responsible for:
Supporting countries and the region to respond to the El Nino WaSH related humanitarian responses and to build their humanitarian capacity including resource mobilisation. The WaSH Coordinator will represent Oxfam in humanitarian processes and support learning and knowledge development.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Masters Degree, or equivalent technical experience and training in Water Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WaSH)
- At least 5 - 7 years’ experience of leading WaSH programmes in both emergency and development contexts
- Experience of assessing and responding to emergencies, particularly slow onset emergencies.
- The ability to support the development of high quality proposals, and represent the organisation to external donors
- Experience of supporting and advising teams from a distance
- Fluent written and spoken English; other languages of the region are highly desirable, in particular Portuguese
To apply go to: www.oxfam.org.uk and quote reference number INT2369